Root-Beer Glazed Game Hen
I was In the mood for something different, new, exciting. Then all of a sudden inspiration sparks, I had a grand idea! It was a bright sun shiny Sunday afternoon, and I’m going to prepare for my family the most amazing meal they’ve ever tasted today! Ok It wasn’t exactly that thrilling, I actually happened to have a few Game Hen in the freezer and I’ve grown tired of the plain ole “roasted’ version so yup, took a quick around at what I had on hand and came up with this. The recipe that I can up with is pretty simple, a quick reduction, a few other ingredients and voila! I’m AWESOME!
Let’s do it!
- 2 Cornish Game (cleaned, rinsed and dried)
- 1 1/2 cans A&W Root Beer
- 2 Tablespoons La,La, Lishus Gourmet Spice Blend Or your favorite herbal blend
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil divided
- 1 Tablespoon Steens Corn syrup
- 2 teaspoons Honey
- 1 Teaspoon Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 Teaspoon Dijon Mustard
- 2 Cans Root Beer Half full
- Brush Game Hen with 1 tablespoon olive oil, season generously with La,La, Lishus Gourmet Spice Blend or other Herbal Blend taking care to include the cavity and skin beneath the breast.
- Combine the rest of the ingredients into a medium sauce pan, let simmer until reduced by half.
- In a large heated cast iron skillet or similar skillet, add remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil,brown Game Hen on all sides until golden brown. Place Game Hen atop 2 half full cans Root Beer and glaze with sauce reduction.
- Pre-Heat oven to 400*
- Place Game Hen In Roaster or my personal favorite a Large Cast Iron Skillet and roast until juices run clear, 45 minutes. Continue to glaze every 15 minutes coated evenly.
- Using kitchen sheers, cut Game Hen in half or quarters and serve!!!!